Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Vegetable Garden

The garden box is 4' x 8'.  Once we prepared the soil we (Emily and I) dug trenches to put in our border.  If you are facing west (or away from the road) the slope in our yard goes to the back left corner of our box.  If you look closely you can see some stones (or riprap for all my civils out there) that will act as erosion control because it drains to that corner (the wood along that edge is purposely not as deep as it should be so there is a gap of about 4 inches at that corner).  You can't see it well, but the rows are diagonal so that the water will flow towards that corner.  My North Carolina State education is going to work!  I usually don't post personal stuff like this on here.. but I was just too excited about how great this thing turned out.


Hopefully we'll be able to grow romaine lettuce, jalapenos, green peppers, basil, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes.

No comments: