Friday, August 21, 2009

Online 'Book Club'

I'm probably more excited than I need to be when it comes to this 'book club' type deal I signed up for. I had to submit a few writings, write a bio about myself and my life, and fill out this short application, but after a few weeks I heard word that I was accepted (I'm sure everybody is, it's nothing prestigious).

So how it works is they'll send me a list of new christian books every couple of weeks or so, and I look through it and see if there are any that I would like to read. If any of them are interesting to me, I tell them I want that particular book and they send it to me free of charge. All I have to do is read the book within 30 days (piece of cake) and write a review about it and post it either on my blog here or on their site (how hard can that be?).

So I actually heard word a couple of weeks ago that I was accepted. So for the past couple of weeks I've been anxious to see the first wave of books. Well they finally came (only three were released) and I chose 'A Prayer to Our Father' as my first read.

The premise of the book is exploring the Hebrew origins of the Lord's Prayer. A Jewish Bible scholar and an African-American pastor collaborate to 'uncover the truth about the most beloved prayer in the Christian world'.

Sounds interesting enough. And whether I like it or not, all I'm required to do is give it a review from my point of view. Can't wait to get started..

No comments: